Saturday 25 September 2010

Gotong-royong in SK Bangsar~

There was a gotong-royong in SK Bangsar yesterday and me being a very committed and hardworking practicum teacher (lol... don't puke! I know it sounds so syok sendiri! haha) decided to get involve even though it wasn't compulsory. Nak markah lebih punye pasal! Lalalala~


It was supposed to start at 8am but when I got there, there were just me, Zu Lee, Cikgu Wan Rosdan and 10 students! Gosh! Whatever happens to MR. PUNCTUALITY huh? Regardless, we carried on making hot tea for everyone so that we could drink it while eating biscuits as breakfast. At about 8.30 onwards, more teachers started coming in and we had breakfast together. Now, here comes the funny part.....


I took a cup of hot tea and put it on the table. Then, I reached for my handbag and accidentally swung it over my cup, spilling out everything on the table and then down on my thighs. In no time, the lower half of my body was soaked in hot tea!!!! Trust me, you don't even want to imagine that. The thing is, I don't really mind soaking in hot, sweet drink that made me uncomfortable with the stickiness ... but the fact that the hot tea spilled on my Charles & Keith handbag and my new sneakers just made me furious! Yela, salah Kae jugak kan? Kae yang cuai~ Haih... but of all 365 days in a year, why must the tea spilled on the day I wore my most precious handbag and new shoes?! Urgh~ All I could do was cleaned everything up and then proceed with the gotong-royong~


First up, collecting rubbish around the school compound~ Note my now-clean handbag and sneakers~ Kutip sampah, kutip jugak.... but hey, even Naomi Campbell did her social service wearing heels. What harm can a handbag do huh? lol~


Year 6 kids trying to switch on the lawn mower~


FIRE!!!!!! They're burning old tables and chairs~ Pembakaran terbuka ni.. Campak cikgu, campak!


This reminded me of the Bonfire Festival celebrated in the UK. Never missed the event while I was there.


Encik Ismail giving pep talk to some girls~


Even the headmaster, Encik Nordin were there to help trimmed some plants! Sempoila Sir!


Cikgu Halim (the one with the red cap) cleared out the bush behind the bird cage and I helped out with stuffing the sampah-sarap into the black bags~Still not putting down my handbag! Ngee~


After filling up just two bags, I was asked to stop. The reason? Because I'm a girl! Excuse me? Are you underestimating me?! It's not that I had to repair a broken car engine or something. I just had to basically stuff batang pokok and daun kat dalam plastic bag je! Not gonna kill la~ I'm a Convent girl. I'm from an all-girls school. Where do yo think we would find boys to do those ganas stuff??? NOWHERE! We had to do them by ourselves dudes! Moving heavy furniture, handling PA system, electronic wiring... just name it, we've done it! That's the reason why I refused to stop and continued my work.


In the end.. everything is in those 11 black bags!


At about 11, everything was done. Zu Lee wanted to jam with Cikgu Halim and so I decided to walk home alone. Cikgu Rosdan offered a ride but I declined saying that I wanted to go somewhere else before going home plus it would be extremely awkward if there were only both of us in the car. I first walked to Thoyyibah, a regular mamak restaurant that we always hang out at to tapau my lunch. I ordered my 'mi goreng tak mau ayam' with some spicy fried innards! Hihi.. my favourite. I also bought a bottle of Ribena and guava juice before heading home.

Time to dig in!!!


Watching 3 Idiots while eating my fried mee... Getting the Indian feel.. Hihi.. and this movie is awesome~


Later at night, I went to Bangsar with Syila to get my Mak Su something for her open house today. Then we had our dinner and right before I slept, I watched My Name is Khan. A day for Hindi movies huh? LOL!~



No comments: