Wednesday 3 November 2010

Mak Su's Raya Open House~

Salaam and a very good day peeps!!~~ After a month of hiatus, I'm finally blogging again. I've been very ill for the past one month and that cause me to miss doing a lot of things, from blogging, going out shopping to a very, very, seriously serious matter such as attending classes! Haha~ gua tak gi kelas sebulan babe!~ Jangan marah aaaaa~~~ It's no fun anyway staying at home without the strength to do anything.


For some of you who are wondering what illness I've been having, just hold on to that thought. I'm not in the mood of talking about it just yet. Anyhoooooooow~~~~ I'm still recovering and surviving on pills and other sorts of meds but I can tell you guys that I am definitely a lot better! Alhamdulillah~ Many thankies to all my dearies (family and friends) who prayed for my recovery. May God bless you!~ Ameen~


Now that I'm back on the blogging scene, I'll try to update whatever posts that were put on hold starting from my aunt's raya open house. I know... dah zaman Tok Janggut punye citer kan? LOL~ But as promised to many people, I'm going to charge my energy and going on full blast in uploading posts! Here goes~~~~


My aunt, Mak Su held an open house on the 3rd week of raya at her apartment in Menara Bangsar. It was mainly for her son's Amer's friends and some of the family's close relatives and friends. Mak Su asked me to bring some of my friends as well and I decided to bring Syila, my roomie and my three very lovely housemates when I was studying in the UK, Syaz, Fiza and Nadhia (Syaz is still my housemate here in KL though). Slightly after 10 in the morning, we hopped on Syaz's ride and head to Menara Bangsar. It turned out that we were the first to arrive and there were nothing to help because everything was ready. That's my Mak Su, cekap tahap dewa dalam bab masak2 ni.. hihi~


A walk into the apartment~


Nothing to do... let's hog the remote control and watch the TV! Ooooo... Miss Khairiyyah memang cikgu yang baik.. baca newspaper lagi.. lol~


Bak kata Uncle Haziran, inilah Chief Cook of the day, Sharifah Sazlina Syed Ibrahim, my Mak Su!~


A very unique and ridiculously delicious starters.. various kinds of dates!


Kek Lapis Sarawak from singer Deja Moss, a close friend of Mak Su's. Highly recommended! At the top of the tier are cakes made by Uncle Haziran's mum.


The masterpieces!
Mi Udang, Nasi Impit & Kuah Kacang, Lemang & Rendang Ayam, Nasi Briyani Ayam, Ketupat Daun Palas...............


........and my favourite dish that was responsible in adding tonnes of extra calories to my diet, Mushroom Quiche!~


Although those scrumptious dishes are right before our eyes, we decided to wait for other guests to arrive before digging in. Yela, takdela nampak kebulur tahap cipan sangat kan. So, anak2 dara ni pun menahan la nafsu yang dah membuak2 walaupun perut masing2 bukan je dah berkeroncong. Malah irama2 lain seperti asli, dangdut, hip hop dan techno juga telah kedengaran!~ LOL!~


At about 11.30am, people started coming in.........


Other guests have arrived.....


Uncle Haziran's superfriendly dad was also there. Had fun talking to him. It turned out that he taught in SK La Salle Brickfields before, where Fiza and Nadhia were sent to.


Mak Su's son, Amer on the right with his friend Farid who sport the same style. Macam twins pulak bile tengok dari belakang..


Ramaila pulak orang.. Relax2~~ Snap dulu segambar dua... haha


Finally! We got our food... Lapar punye pasal, tak pedulik dah nak duduk atas sofa yg selesa lagi empuk itu.. Janji spot depan TV..lalala~


After meal... back on the couch, eyes on the TV! Haha~


Japan Badminton Open was on and Dato' Lee Chong Wei was in the finals againts China's Lin Dan! A match not to be missed. Dengan tuan2 rumah and chief cook skali dok depan TV.. haha~ Guess what? Dato' Lee Chong Wei won!!!


Mak Su: Isy, sedap jugak mi udang I masak ni kan?
Uncle Haziran: Jangan sampai tersedak sudah~~~
(dialog rekaan semata-mata.. tiada kaitan sama ada dengan yang masih hidup, tidur, pitam, pengsan, mabuk ataupun yg telah tiada.. haha)


Finally, the picture of me, courtesy of Amer. I was so busy being the mamarazzi of the day that I hardly got into any pictures~


After a round of meal, one episode of The Amazing Race Asia, three back to back episodes of CSI Las Vegas, New York & Miami, another round of meal, one badminton game and a couple of trips to the loo (lol~), we finally said our farewell to Mak Su, Uncle Haziran and Amer. It was really fun being invited and we totally had a blast! A bunch of thanks to the hosts for the delicious food and warm hospitality. You guys are super-duper awesome! Don't forget us next year k? Hihi~


No comments: