Friday 6 November 2009

Dissertation Progress + New Specs~

Another post for the day!

Dissertation
I’m going to use my resting time from dissertation to do all the things that I want to do because I know that starting from next week I’m gonna be as busy as bee! So here’s a short recap of my dissertation progress:

26/10/09 – 1/11/09
I stayed up almost every night trying to finish my dissertation. Caught a cold and my voice turned hoarse for a few days. My utmost academic week! LOL!~


2/11/09
Submitted the whole chapters of my dissertation to Steve (my tutor) and had a one-on-one tutorial with him. God knows how nerve-wrecking it was to have him checking my draft right before my two eyes. Luckily he loved it. There are just some minor editing that I have to do. Turned out that my number words have reached 12,047 when the maximum are only 10,000 but we’ve sorted it all out. Yay!!! Steve wants to see my complete last draft on 17/11/09 and he told me to rest a bit before resuming on my dissertation.


3/11/09 – N.O.W
I’m taking Steve’s advice and is planning to rest until next week but I have the feeling that I’m still going to continue doing my dissertation earlier, maybe tomorrow~ LOL!~ Have been going out a lot and is trying to wake up a bit later every morning but it seems that my biological clock tells me to wake up at 8 everyday.. LOL~


Saying ‘Goodbye’ to my Precious Item
If you have been following my blog, you’ll remember that something bad happened to one of my precious belongings. Wanna know what it was?


On 17/10/09, my Levi’s spectacles broke into two! Nothing serious caused it to happen. It just fell on a carpeted floor and it broke! It’s time I guess. Ajal dah sampai bak kata orang Melayu. I’ve been wearing it since before I came to England and it has been a couple of years since. It was heartbreaking for me because my spectacle is like my life. My eyesight is terrible that I need to wear it all the time except for when I’m in the shower or sleeping. It was my most favourite one among all the specs that I’ve worn since I was 9 because it fits perfectly fine and it’s Levi’s for goodness sake! It costs RM1400 (although my Abah paid for it..lol~) and now it’s broken!!! I know it sounds ridiculous but I was so emotional over it!


I had to make 3 appointments for checkups and making a new spectacle. I’ve only managed to get a new on 3/11/09 and wonder how I survived almost 3 weeks with a broken specs? Super glue!!! This might be surprising to some of my classmates who didn’t notice, but I’ve been wearing my broken specs which was attached together by the power super glue!! LOL!~ Can’t believe it? Here goes!


So I got my new specs and I decided to get a pair of contact lenses as well since it would helpful if my specs are ever going to break again! LOL!~ My first opinion of wearing contact lenses… my face feels naked! I’ve been wearing specs for 13 years and it has already been like an accessory to my face. So my face without it looks weird. I can’t even recognize myself at first! ROTFL!~ I’ve made a decision since then: Wearing contact lenses means more make-ups! Off to M.A.C.!!!!! Hehehe~ (Love it when there’s an excuse for me to go shopping!)

Looking at the world through different eyes~ lol~


My new specs~


Sporting my new specs~


Those were the days~



Goodbye darling~ T_T


P/S: I'm talking to my sis right now, and I just found out that she has been wearing specs since February! Tak bagi tau pon... Bertuah betol!

No comments: