Monday 23 November 2009

The Last Concert

Hey peeps,

Amidst the rush of finishing my dissertation, I managed to steal some time and watch Lee Seung Chul on Family Outing. He is “The Emperor of Ballads” in Korea and he sung a couple of his song on the show. I shed some tears while listening to a song called “The Last Concert” although I didn’t even understand a single word he was singing. I immediately searched for it on the net and it turned out that the song was written from the personal experience of the composer, Kim Taewon (also a singer). Basically, it is about how he was singing a confession song to a girl he liked at a concert and he did not realised that there was actually another girl who had been watching and liking him so dearly. The girl cried her heart out after watching the scene from the backstage and she ran outside.


Although some of you readers are not Korean music lovers, I request all of you to spare some time listening to this beautiful ballad and be captured in the love story atmosphere. I also include the translation of this song below..... Enjoy~ (and prepare some tissues~)


Credits to konroll on Youtube


The Last Concert

Now, from the backstage,
The girl is looking over me with tears shedding in her heart.

From the backstage,
The girl sits in a little chair with her folded arms,
Gazing and listening to my song of confession, oh~

The girl becomes saddened and heartbroken
because she'd cherished me so

As my song of confession deepens,
The girl could not hold her tears and ran outside

The song has ended,
It will never be sung again, yeah~
This sorrowful song.......................

Credits to steakopera on Youtube

No comments: