Thursday 4 November 2010

Mak Tam's Raya Open House~

Salam peeps!~ Another post today and it is another post of an open house of my aunt's.. a different aunt this time and yes!~ she is also a good cook! (I really should consider starting a family food business! lol).


A week after Mak Su's open house, Mak Tam held hers and this time it was a biggie! On Saturday, people came to the house from 11am - 2am and on Sunday, guests came from around 8pm - 2 am! As what I said to my relatives, inilah open house paling lunyai aku pernah attend! Serious beb, tak tipu!


Mak Tam ad Pak Tam are a successful business couple and this open house was not only attended by family members but also their business colleagues and clients. Since it was a big open house, Mak Tam asked for my help and me, being a very kind and sweet niece agreed without thinking twice. Nak makan sedap snanye.. hikhik~ Mak Tam punye asam pedas memang meletop la wa cakap lu! Besides that, dorg ni satu family sempoi2, so memang best crashing at their place! Hihi~


Pak Tam picked me up on Friday evening an once I arrived, I could see them already started cleaning the house...


Mak Tam and her eldest daughter, Aqila were busy in the kitchen~


Dishes to be used~


Aqila... rajin btol anak dara ni.....


Isy2.. anak yang belum dara ni pun rajin.. lol~
This is Mia, the baby of the house! She's so adorable that I've dedicated a post about her before, here...


Another interesting moment accidentally captured... Is this what you call generation gap? Pak Tam finding peace in watching fish in the aquarium while his son Aiman spent his quiet time playing FIFA computer game! LOL~


So, I helped with the preparations that day that lasted until late night and then..... bedtime! Because tomorrow was going to be a hectic day~ I woke up early next morning and helped with the final preparation. Luckily most of the dishes were catered. If not...... pengsan la jawabnye! At around 11 am, guests started coming in..... and that's when the real thing begins~ Before that, let's look at the most important element of the open open house..... THE FOOD!!!!!!!!


Nasi Impit, Kuah Kacang, Lemang, Rendang Limpa, Hati, Jantung dan ape2 je organ yang korg jumpe dalam badan.... Mummy Pak Tam yang buat... It was insanely delicious! Memang sedap.. sumpah tak tipu.. guests2 yang tak berapa nak malu siap tapau lagi.. termasuk la yours truly ni.. Hikhik... Nyesal pulak tak mintak resepi.... T_T


Roti Jala & Chicken Curry~


Mak Tam's homemade Laksa~ Yang ni sempat berguru dgn Mak Tam.. hihi~


Cake~ A gift from a guest~


Mak Tam's homemade Fruit Cocktail Pudding~ Sedap punye pasal, never mind the calories~ lol~


Curry Puffs & Seri Muka~


Watermelon! My favourite fruit.. mind that please.. hihi~ Bermacam2 bentuk sebab tukang potong dia tak berapa nak bertauliah sangat.. I la tu... hihihi~


Jelatah~ Reminds me of the time in UK.. This was our house punya kepakaran.. kalau ade kenduri, memang inilah tanggungjawab bebudak House 12 Marjon~


Papadoms~
Dah macam makan popcorn plak sebab dok pegi balik ratah bende ni~


Rendang Hitam Daging~


Dalca~


Ayam Masak ape ntah.... Hahahaha.. ampun, patik ade short term memory lost macam ikan Dory dalam Finding Nemo tu.. Hihi~


All laid out ready for dig out! Alamak lupe lak amek gambar Nasi Briyani.... lauk sume dah balun kene amek.. haha.. takpe, kalo korang jakun sangat tak pernah tgk Nasi Briyani sile lah google ek? Ampun lagi skali~~


The guests.. Aik? Kak Anum join skali?


Mak Tam: Isy, ponek den layan tetamu.. Tak kire nak makan jugak.. Lapar tahap gaban ni! Para tetamu sile layan diri sendiri ek? lol~
(Dialog adalah rekaan semata-mata. Tidak ada kaitan sama ada dengan yang masih hidup mahupun yang telah tiada)


The princess-like Mia!~ Comel kan?!


Hamek ko! Siap letak kon kat jalan tu... Mane taknye, byk VIP dtg~


While guests were busy stuffing themselves, moi and my camwhoring sidekicks a.k.a my cousins stole some time to snap a few piccies of ourselves!~


Aqila & Farah~
Dua orang anak dara Mak Tam yang memang boleh harap kalo suruh buat keje umah.. tapi sorry guys.. Umi dorg tak kasi green light lagi selagi tak abes blaja.. haha~


Aqila & I~


Aqila & Farah again~


My favourite mirror picture! Huhu~


Me and Mia yang dah salin baju sebab tak tahan nak bergaun sepanjang hari~


Future model? Haha~ But Mia really loves everything regarding cameras! LOL!~


Cak!


Mia and her beloved Umi~


It's late at night and guests are still around... The power of business huh? I learned from Mak Tam that an open house like this gives you the chance to meet future clients~ Brilliant aite?


Before the last guests went back that night..... another camwhoring session!!!~


Mia took this picture of me... a bit shaky but nice angle~


Farah sporting the Cleopatra pose.... minus the peace sign~ Haha


Aqila & Farah again~
Memang kaki posing la korang!


So, the night ended at around 2 am and that's when Mak Tam, Kak Anum and me started tu kerjakan the pots and pans. I, however could not stand it and retired to bed earlier. Mak Tam & Kak Anum continued until around 4am.. Memang kasi tabik spring toing!~~~ kat korang!


The next morning I woke up early to follow Mak Tam and Pak Tam to see their presentation to their possible new clients. After that I followed them to an event where all their partners and colleagues were gathered. Masing2 income ribu riban, juta2 tahap dewa! Ni nak suruh Mak Tam carikan prince charming sorg ni.. haha~ Basically they do their business from home through internet by promoting a community site called Ads4Bucks. Takyah pegi ofis pun. My Mak Tam siap surirumah sepenuh masa lagi.. Hihi~ I'm in no position to explain further about this. Yela, takut nanti jadi penyampai ajaran sesat macam Ayah Pin pulak kang~ So for further info, this is the link for Ads4Bucks and it would be better if you reach my Mak Tam or Pak Tam through their Facebook. I'm sure they would be more than happy to explain everything. Just click on their names there~


Back to the story, after the event, Mak Tam ad Pak Tam brought me to eat Sate Kajang Haji Samuri!!! Oooooooohhhh... my favourite! I can eat them as my meal everyday!!!~~~ Before we reached there, adela org tu call cakap nak makan kat Kampung Baru.. Kampung Baru? Wah memang sedap.. tapi I makan Sate Kajang! Lagi sedap~~~ Siap Pak Tam yang bayar lagi tu.. Haha~ Time kaseh Pak Tam.. Mcm tau2 je.. hihihi... We tapau some of them as there would be a small get together between orang2 kaya muda at the house later that night... hihi~


Itulah jutawan muda yang dikatakan~~


The food~~~ Lemang & Rendang~


Sate Kajang!!!!!


Mango drinks tu I yang buat!~ LOL~


After I snapped the pictures, Mia grabbed the camera from my hand and try to imitate the way I took the pictures.. The results? Not bad!~~ Genius la adik akak ni... Check the pics out!~






After having those delicious food, everyone gathered in the living room and share stories... sempat jugak promote blog sendiri ni~~ Hahahaha...


Mak Tam yang memang sentiasa boleh detect camera.. ade antenna ape?


After the get together, Pak Tam suggested that he would send me back to IPBA the next morning. I had no problem with that because I teach in the afternoon. As soon as I reached school before school starts, everything will be alright~ Hopefully my Year 2 students yang comel2 tu tak perasan muka teacher dorg yg ala2 hangover sebab balun sate kajang macam tak hengat dunia!~ Haha...


All in all, yes~ it was one of the most tiring experiences I've had but that was no big deal because I was having so much fun hanging out with my cousins, meeting new people and learning many new things termasukla cara2 nak buat laksa.. hahaha~ Many thankies to Mak Tam, Pak Tam, Aqila, Farah, Aiman and Mia for being fun hosts of the open house. I truely had a good time!


2 comments:

azarsyafiq said...

bestnyer makan...

p/s: hi aqila n farah...ahaks..

Ka-E said...

lagi 2 bulan leh la makan sume tu... haha

hamboi.. nanti akak kim salamkan kat kazen2 akak ek? haha~